If you are planning to move from Sydney to Melbourne, you need to understand that it’s a similar to Sydney in a way it is just as big and just as busy. There are heaps to keep you occupied with an adventurous day trip never too far away. The economy is booming and infrastructure projects taking off with more and more buildings, roads and facilities being constructed each year. Melbourne has a world-class health system, highly recognized education rankings with globally recognized qualifications. It is a highly multi-cultural city with amazing restaurants and urban cafes. The best part of Melbourne is that it is not as fast paced as living in Sydney which is great for families looking to take a step back and appreciate the things that are most important. Here are 10 things to know before moving to Melbourne.
1. The cost of living is cheaper than Sydney – If you are looking to save some money, finding Melbourne removalists and moving here may be the best option as the cost of living is significantly lower than what it is in Sydney. From groceries to housing costs, you will find that your dollar will go a lot further in Melbourne.
2. There traffic is better – One of the best things about Melbourne is that the traffic is not as bad as it is in Sydney. With an extensive public transportation system, you can easily get around the city without having to deal with the frustrating traffic jams.
3. The weather is milder – Another great thing about Melbourne is that the weather is much milder. Although you may occasionally get four seasons in one day, it is nothing compared to the blistering heat waves that hit Sydney.
4. There is an abundance of nature – If you love being outdoors, Melbourne is the perfect place for you. With numerous parks and beaches, you will never find yourself bored or without something to do.
5. The food scene is incredible – From street food to fine dining at michelin star restaurants, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Not to mention way better coffee and a cafe culture where you can easily find some of the best breakfast or brunch that money can buy.
6. The shopping is better – If you love to shop, Melbourne will not disappoint. With countless boutique stores and high-end fashion labels on Collin Street, you’ll be able to find everything you’re looking for and more. If prefer to spend a day going from shop to shop, then why not visit Chadstone Shopping Centre or Highpoint Shopping Centre. If you are after luxury name brands and bargain basement prices, head to Direct Factory Outlet located in Melbourne, Essendon or Moorabbin.
7. The nightlife is vibrant- Whether you’re looking for a laid-back bar or a raging nightclub, Melbourne has it all. With countless bars and clubs to choose from, you’ll be able to find the perfect spot to suit your mood.
8. The people are friendly – One of the best things about Melbourne is that the locals are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. From the moment you enter the borders, the people are more relaxed here. Perhaps it’s got something to do with the slower pace of life or the fact that they don’t take things too seriously, but whatever it is, you will quickly find yourself feeling at home in Melbourne.
9. The sports scene is electric – If you’re a fan of sport, then Melbourne is the place for you. With the AFL being front and centre of every week, there’s no better way to enjoy the end of the week. If you’re not a fan of the footy, then Melbourne also hosts the NBL, A-Leauge, Cricket and other major sporting events including the Australian Open, Formula 1 Grand Prix and the Melbourne Cup Carnival.
10. It’s the most liveable city in the world – If you’re looking for a city that has it all, then look no further than Melbourne. With endless things to do, see and eat, it’s no wonder that Melbourne was recently voted the most liveable city in the world. So what are you waiting for? Start packing!